THE “#GARAGETALKS SMS” GARAGE CONTEST (2021) – OFFICIAL RULES
This contest is sponsored by Groupe Dynamite Inc., 5592 Ferrier Street, Town of Mount Royal, Quebec, Canada, H4P 1M2 (the “Sponsor”), owner of the Garage brand (“Garage”). No purchase necessary. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. The “#GARAGETALKS SMS” (the “Contest”) begins on February 22, 2021, at 9 a.m. (ET) and runs until February 28, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. (ET) (the “Promotion Period”). All entries for the Contest must be received by the Sponsor prior to the end of the Promotion Period.
This Contest is open to legal residents of Canada and the continental USA, with the exception of Alaska, who are thirteen (13) years of age or older and who choose to sign up to receive SMS messages from Garage. Participants under the legal age of majority in the state or province in which they reside must have the approval of their parent or legal guardian who has reached the age of majority to participate in this contest. Employees of the Sponsor and of its parent and affiliated companies, and their immediate families living in the same household, are not eligible to enter (for the purpose of the contest, immediate family includes children, siblings or parents).
Participants who have previously provided their phone number to Garage will have to text PLAY to 25678 if they’d like to enter the contest. New SMS subscribers will have to opt in via text or via garageclothing.com on desktop computer.
The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, state and local laws and regulations. By entering the Contest, participants (and their respective legal guardians or parents, where applicable), agree to be bound by and accept the terms and conditions of these official rules (the “Rules”). The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
How to Enter:
***Limit of one (1) entry per valid phone number during the Promotional Period. *** Additional entries will be disqualified. Entries generated by a script, macro or any other automated means are void. Any entries that contain misprints, that have been altered, are incomplete, inaccurate, irregular in any way, or that do not comply with the Rules, shall also be disqualified.
There are two (2) ways to enter to win a Prize:
- i) Subscribing to SMS: From February 22, 2021, at 9 a.m. (ET) until February 28, 2021, at 11:59 p.m. (ET), enter by opting into the Garage messaging program by texting the code PLAY to 25678 for English Canada, JOUER to 25678 for French Canada, PLAY to 75468 for USA or opt-in by entering your phone number on the garage clothing website (garageclothing.com) on desktop computer.
- (ii) Mail Entry: Enter by submitting a 3” x 5” card, with your first and last name, address, birth date, daytime phone number, and email address (if applicable) and mail in a self-addressed, stamped envelope to “GARAGE’S #GARAGETALKS SMS Contest, Groupe Dynamite Inc., 5592 Ferrier Street, Town of Mount Royal, Quebec, Canada, H4P 1M2. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by February 26, 2021 and be received by the Sponsor by February 28, 2021, to be eligible.
By opt-ting in to receive SMS messages, or by mailing in their registration, each Participant agrees to these Official Rules. Entries received before and/or after the Promotion Period will be void. Any fees incurred by participants to enter the Contest, including, but not limited to fees for mail, mobile fees, Internet access, equipment and taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of the participants and will not be reimbursed by the Sponsor.
There will be one (1) prize awarded, consisting of the following:
• • One (1) Garage gift card valued at two hundred fifty dollars ($250).
The total prize value for this Contest is $250 (CAD/USD). The currency of the prize will be based on the residence of the winner.
The selection of the winners will be held on March 1, 2021, in the presence of witnesses at the Sponsor’s offices at 5592 Ferrier Street, Town of Mount Royal, Quebec, Canada, H4P 1M2, at noon (ET).
Winner notification process
The potential winners will be notified via a text message to the number with which they entered the contest, or the email address provided on the mail-in entry form, within three (3) business days of the random winner selection process. The winners will have to correctly answer without assistance, and within a given timeline, a mathematical skill-testing question. If a participant cannot be contacted, fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question within the time period specified, or does not claim her Prize within the three (3) business days, the prize will not be awarded. In the event of unclaimed prizes, Garage reserves the right to not select alternative winners.
1. No correspondence pertaining to this contest will be entered into except with potential winners. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility for any online errors for this contest.
2. By entering this contest, participants agree that they have not purchased Internet services for the purpose of entering this contest. Participants agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the promotion and/or prevent others from utilizing the promotion, as prohibited by law.
3. Garage assumes no responsibility for any technical malfunction of mobile systems, servers or access providers. Garage assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected or ineligible text messages, or for any mobile, human or technical malfunctions that may occur in the administration of this promotion. If, for any reason, it is not possible to run this promotion as planned (including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of Garage, or any act corrupting or affecting the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion), Garage reserves the right, at its absolute and sole discretion, to disqualify an individual and/or cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Under no circumstances shall Garage be liable for any losses or damages resulting from the use of, or reliance upon, the information or use of the mobile systems, servers, access providers or equipment. Garage makes no warranty or guarantee as to the timelines, accuracy or completeness of the information, or that the information may be relied upon for any reason. Garage and its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (herein collectively referred to as the “Entities”) disclaim any and all representations and warranties, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, in connection with all prizes. By claiming a prize, winners agree to assume all risks and agree that the prize is awarded upon the condition that each of the Entities will have NO liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses, death or other damages of any kind caused by the prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use/misuse of the prize or from winner’s participation in this contest. Where a publicity contest is cancelled or changes are made thereto after the prescribed form referred to in section 59 of the Act has been filed with the board, the person for whom the publicity contest is carried on must immediately notify the board (Régie) thereof in writing. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the person may not cancel or make any change in a publicity contest from the time it is publicly launched unless the board (Régie) so authorizes on the basis of proof of superior force, or where the board is of the opinion that the public will not be adversely affected.
4. Prizes cannot be substituted or transferred without permission of the Sponsor. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes in the event that the prizes described are unavailable due to circumstances beyond its control. In the event an equivalent substitution cannot be found, the Sponsor reserves the right to offer a prize that is of lesser value than the original prize or to not award that portion of the prize altogether.
5. Your odds of winning are determined by the number of entries obtained by the end of the contest period.
7. All expenses related to the receipt and use of the prizes including travel, surcharges, fees, taxes (federal, state and local), incidentals if any, are the sole responsibility of the winner. The Sponsor denies any liability or responsibility in connection with any injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising out of this contest or the prizes.
8. In addition to all of the foregoing conditions, the selected winner (and their legal guardian or parent, where applicable), in order to be eligible to receive their prize, must sign a declaration of eligibility, license and release, all in the forms required by the Sponsor within 3 business days of their win.
9. Any selected person who fails to meet the terms set forth in these rules will be disqualified. Should any of the winners be disqualified for any reason, alternate winners will be selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
10. For Quebec residents, any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
For a copy of these Rules, go to www.garageclothing.com or send a written request by self-addressed, stamped envelope (ensure that sufficient postage is included) to: Garage, 5592 Ferrier Street, Town of Mount Royal, Quebec, Canada, H4P 1M2, ATTENTION: Garage Customer Service.