IN-STORE HEALTH AND SAFETY MEASURES
We want your first trip back to our stores to be awesome and safe for everyone. We’ll be following all the health and safety measures recommended by government and health organizations including reduced store hours in some locations.
Experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms? Please stay home and shop with us online.
Most asked questions
1. When is my store reopening?
Canadian stores have now reopened, find here your closest store.
2. What is our in store return policy?
All purchases made between February 1st and May 3rd, 2020 can be returned in-store 30 days after reopening. Our standard return policy will apply to purchases made after stores reopen. More info here.
3. Are the fitting rooms open?
Our fitting rooms are open, unless prohibited by law.
4. Are masks mandatory in-store?
We will be enforcing masks where made mandatory by the law. Refer to your local laws and regulations to know if masks are mandatory in your city.
Here’s what you can expect to see in our stores:
- Hand sanitizer stations so you can sanitize your hands before entering. This is mandatory :)
- Staff will be outfitted with the latest Garage looks AND protective gear
- We’re ensuring social distancing by limiting the number of shoppers in-store and adding floor stickers to remind shoppers to stay 2 metres (6 feet) apart.
- Checkout measures:
- safety screens at the cash
- all standard payment methods are accepted but we encourage contactless payment
- there will be a self-service bag station*
Shopping in the age of social distancing is still evolving so there may be some other changes to your shopping experience. All measures are there to protect you and our staff, so we appreciate your patience and cooperation.
Got Feedback? Share it with our staff so they can let us know what we can do better.
*Proceeds from the sale of shopping bags will be donated to One Tree Planted.
Other measures taken in reference to COVID-19
Here's What We’re Doing:
• Providing specialized health & safety training to all staff members including protocols for frequent hand washing.
• Encouraging store staff to stay home if they are not feeling well.
• Continuing to monitor the recommendations from local health boards and the World Health Organization (WHO).
We’ll continue to take all steps necessary to keep our community healthy.
Due to COVID-19, the remaining store locations not mentioned as re-opened above have temporarily closed to protect our customers and store associates. In light of this decision, in-store returns and our ship-to-store service will be unavailable until further notice.
If you do not absolutely love your new purchase, you can easily return the item(s) for a full refund of the purchased price. To make things easier for you, we’ve updated our return policy to offer you free returns by mail for all online orders.
For a limited time, Garage is offering FREE RETURNS BY MAIL on all online orders. Please note that you will have 30 days from the day your order has shipped to return your items. This offer does not apply to orders being shipped to Nunavut, Yukon or the Northwest Territories. This offer may be combined with other offers and brand promotions. No coupon code necessary.
If you have any questions about your return, please contact Customer Service.
How do you return by mail?
1. Package the unworn, unwashed items, with original tags, securely in the original product packaging, whenever possible. Otherwise, pack your return in a well-padded envelope or box to prevent damage in transit.
2. To qualify for free returns by mail, the ‘reference ticket’ included in your original online package MUST BE INCLUDED in the return package.
3. To print your Prepaid Return Label, visit our Canada Post portal here. You will be required to enter your order number and additional customer information before retrieving your Prepaid Return Label.
4. Affix the Prepaid Return Label on the return package and mail it via Canada Post.
5. You will receive an email confirmation when your return is processed. Please allow up to 10 business days for the refund to be processed.
Please note: Our standard return policy states that returns must be received within 30 days of purchase. Items shipped back to our Distribution Center outside of the returns window will not be refunded & may not be returned to you.
Will you be extending your in-store return policy?
Yes. All purchases made after February 1st, 2020 will have an additional 30-day return window once stores re-open.
Returning or exchanging at a Garage store
Please bring your original receipt and the item(s) you wish to return to your preferred Garage store once re-opened. Refunds will be issued using the same method of payment used for the original purchase. For any inquiries, see conditions above or on the back of your original sales receipt and packing slip.
IMPORTANT: If your online order contains merchandise from both Garage and Dynamite banners, returns/exchanges must be made separately at the respective store. (I.e.: Dynamite items must be returned to a Dynamite store, Garage items must be returned to a Garage store).
How will I be refunded?
Refunds will be issued using the same method of payment and the same credit or debit card as the original purchase (except for gifts cards and e-gift cards, in which case you will be refunded a credit onto a new gift card). Shipping charges and sales tax on shipping are not refundable.
Please note that closed stores cannot currently credit your PayPal or Virtual Debit account.
We will refund you using a Garage gift card. If you return your order by mail to our Distribution Centre, a credit will be issued directly toward your PayPal or Virtual Debit account.
Please note: Clearance items*, earrings, fragrance, and beauty products are ""final sale"" and cannot be returned or exchanged unless the merchandise was found to be defective. Shoes can be returned or exchanged only if they are in their original condition with the protective film (if applicable) intact and still with the original tag, within 30 days of purchase**.
*Clearance items in the sale section with the mention of 'final sale' in the product name.
**Due to current circumstances, all purchases made after February 1st, 2020 will have an additional 30-day return window once stores re-open. Extended return policy not applicable for purchases made the opened stores indicated above starting the date of their re-opening.
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Experience Department by email or by phone at 1-888-342-7243.