- our brick-and-mortar retail stores;
- orders that we fulfill for our partners;
- our surveys and other consumer research activities;
- our promotions, sweepstakes, and contests;
- our marketing activities, including when you sign up for our newsletters;
- our Groupe Dynamite Inc Concierge service; and
- our social media accounts.
We refer to our activities described above collectively as the "Service".
1. What Personal Information Does Groupe Dynamite Inc Collect?
Information You Provide to Us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact Data, such as your first and last name, email address, billing and mailing addresses, and phone number when you purchase products or services from us (including at Groupe Dynamite Inc retail store or through Groupe Dynamite Inc website), contact us through Groupe Dynamite Inc Customer Service, or when you create an online account with us.
- Profile Data, such as your username and password that you set to establish an online account with us, age, date of birth, gender, biographical details, photos, links to your profiles on various third-party sites including social networks, interests, preferences, and information about your participation in our events, promotions, sweepstakes, contests, or surveys.
- Communications that we exchange or you share or publish, including when you communicate with us with questions, feedback, or otherwise, including through Groupe Dynamite Inc Customer Service, our client support team, and on social media, such as through direct messages or public posts. We may record our conversations, including telephone conversations. When you call us, we may use machine learning tools to help us understand if your experience is positive or not.
- Research Data that you provide when you agree to participate in our surveys or research activities (including the Research Community), such as your survey responses, profession, interviews, workshops, and audio and/or video that we record about you or captures of your device’s screen in relation to such surveys and research activities.
- Payments and Transactional Data, such as the information needed to complete your orders on or through the Service (including name, credit card information, bank account number, billing and shipping information), and your purchase history.
- Marketing Data, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our products, services, events, promotions and newsletters and similar messages, and details about how you engage with our communications.
- Job Application Data, such as professional credentials and skills, educational and work history, LinkedIn profile page, personal website, authorization to work in Canada, immigration status, criminal history, and other information that may be included on a resume or curriculum vitae as well as in a cover letter. This may also include diversity information that you voluntarily provide.
Third-Party Sources.We may combine personal information we receive from you with personal information we obtain from other sources, such as:
- Public Sources, such as social media platforms, publications, and news sites.
- Business and Marketing Partners, such as marketplaces including Instagram, joint marketing partners, and event co-sponsors.
- Data Providers, such as information services and data licensors that provide demographic and other information about our users.
- Users of the Service, who can purchase products or services (including gift cards) for others, share a product or article with others, refer a friend, or otherwise share contact information of others with us.
- Third-Party Platforms, such as social media accounts such as Facebook, that you use and choose to connect to the Service. This data may include your username, profile picture and other information associated with your account on that third-party service that is made available to us based on your account settings on that service.
Automatic Data Collection.We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on our sites and other sites and online services, such as:
- Device Data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, unique identifiers, the website you visited before browsing to our website, and general location information such as city, province or geographic area.
- Online Activity Data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page or screen, navigation paths between pages or screens, information about your activity on a page or screen, access times, and duration of access.
- Security Camera Footage and Photosfrom our stores and offices.
2. Cookies and Similar Technologies
Groupe Dynamite Inc's websites, online services, email messages, and advertisements may use "cookies" and other similar technologies, such as web beacons, pixel or gif tags, and action tags. Those technologies collect information that assists Groupe Dynamite Inc to improve products and services, advertising, customer communications and the shopping experience.
For example, Groupe Dynamite Inc may use information collected through cookies and similar technologies to recognize the user of Groupe Dynamite Inc's websites and supplement our profile for that user, determine a user's general location to tailor the website content to that user's location, track use of the websites, offer personalized web page content, information and advertisements, and otherwise facilitate and improve the website experience. You may choose to decline or disable cookies if your web browser permits, but doing so may affect your ability to access or use certain features of Groupe Dynamite Inc's websites. For more information on how to disable cookies, see Section 5.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit https://allaboutdnt.com/
3. How Groupe Dynamite Inc Uses Your Personal Information
We use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time we collect it:
To Provide Services. We use your personal information to:
- provide, operate and improve the Service and our business;
- establish and maintain your user profile on the Service, including tracking your orders and shipments and sending you reminders of items left in your shopping cart;
- remember devices from which you have previously logged in;
- communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications such as by using your location information to determine your language preferences or display accurate date and time information; and
- provide support for the Service, respond to your requests, questions and feedback, including through Groupe Dynamite Inc Customer Service, evaluate your satisfaction with the Service and to otherwise administer our relationship with you.
We may combine your personal information collected through various sources, including information collected at Groupe Dynamite Inc's retail stores and through Groupe Dynamite Inc's websites, and information obtained from other sources such as to enhance and personalize your shopping experience on our websites and to facilitate product returns.
Research and Development. We may use your personal information for internal research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into de-identified data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this de-identified data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business. For example, if we learn that most users use mobile devices, we might wish to expand on that feature.
Marketing and Advertising. We and our third-party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes, except that such sharing with third parties does not include sharing of personal information collected through our short code text messaging programs without your consent:
- Direct Marketing. We may send you Groupe Dynamite Inc-related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-Out of Marketing Communications section.
Manage Recruiting and Process Employment Applications. We may use personal information, such as information submitted to us in a job application, to facilitate our recruitment activities and process employment applications, such as by evaluating a job candidate for an employment activity, and monitoring recruitment statistics.
Compliance and Protection. We may use your personal information to:
- comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety, security or property (including by making and defending legal claims and security monitoring in our stores);
- audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
4. How Groupe Dynamite Inc Shares Your Personal Information
Suppliers and Service Providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business (such as IT, hosting, payment processing services, customer relationship management and support, print and mail fulfillment, order fulfillment and shipping, data/document storage and management, email delivery, marketing, analytics, fraud detection, event management services, promotions, sweepstakes, contests and surveys).
Advertising Partner. We may share your personal information with third-party advertising companies for the interest-based advertising purposes described above.
Professional Advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, accountants, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and Others. Law enforcement, government authorities, courts, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business Transferees. Relevant participants in business transactions (or potential transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Groupe Dynamite Inc or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Business and Marketing Partners. Third parties with whom we co-sponsor events or promotions, with whom we jointly offer products or services, or whose products or services may be of interest to you.
5. Your Choices
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information.
Access or Update Your Information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain account information by logging into the account.
Cookies. Most browsers let you remove and/or stop accepting cookies from the websites you visit. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser’s settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all functionality of the Service and it may not work properly. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your browser and how to manage and delete them, visit https://allaboutcookies.org/. We use Google Analytics, including the Google signals feature, to help us understand user activity and patterns on the sites. You can learn more about Google Analytics cookies at https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies and about how Google protects your data at http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html. You can prevent the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of our sites by downloading and installing a browser plugin available at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
Local Storage. You may be able to limit use of HTML5 cookies in your browser settings. Unlike other cookies, Flash-based local storage cannot be removed or rejected via your browser settings, but you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block it. Blocking Flash storage may impede the functionality of Flash applications, including those employed by the Service. For more information on Flash local storage visit https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html.
You can also manage your cookie preferences (including for cookies relating to advertising) by visiting our Cookie Preference Center (Manage Cookies).
Advertising Choices. You can limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by:
- Browser Settings. Blocking third-party cookies in your browser settings.
- Privacy Browsers/Plug-Ins. By using privacy browsers or ad-blocking browser plug-ins that let you block tracking technologies.
- Platform Settings. Google and Facebook offer opt-out features that let you opt-out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/about/ads
- Ad Industry Tools. Opting out of interest-based ads from companies participating in the following industry opt-out programs:
- Network Advertising Initiative: https://thenai.org/opt-out/
- Digital Advertising Alliance: https://optout.aboutads.info/?c=2&lang=EN
- AppChoices mobile app, available at https://youradchoices.com/appchoices, which will allow you to opt-out of interest-based ads in mobile apps served by participating members of the Digital Advertising Alliance.
- Mobile Settings. Using your mobile device settings to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
Declining to Provide Information. We need to collect personal information to provide certain services, such as your address to ship a product. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those services.
Third-Party Platforms. If you choose to connect to the Service through your social media account such as Facebook, you may be able to use your settings in your account with that platform to limit the information we receive from it. If you revoke our ability to access information from a third-party platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
Please note that we also may work with companies that offer their own opt-out mechanisms or do not participate in the opt-out mechanisms described above. We have no control over those mechanisms and even after using these opt-out mechanisms, you may receive interest-based advertising from other companies.
6. Social Networking, Other Sites and Services
When you use certain aspects of Groupe Dynamite Inc's websites or other services, or post information to other social networking sites, for example, there may be links to Groupe Dynamite Inc's Facebook or Twitter pages or you may be able to "like" a product on your Facebook account or "pin" a product on your Pinterest account, the information that you post or share in connection with these third-party sites is visible to other persons and can be read, collected, used, and disclosed by other persons, including to send unsolicited messages. In such cases, you will be leaving Groupe Dynamite Inc's website and going to the third party's website. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or in mobile applications or other online services that are not associated with us. Any information you provide or post to such third-party social networking sites and other sites is governed by their own privacy policies, which you may read on the applicable site. You are solely responsible for the information that you choose to post or share in those situations. Groupe Dynamite Inc has no control over, or responsibility or liability for the use, disclosure, and retention of the information that you disclose in those situations, and the use, disclosure, and retention of the disclosed information is not subject to this Policy. Please be careful when disclosing your information in those situations.
7. Retention, Location and Security of Your Personal Information
Groupe Dynamite Inc employs reasonable safeguards - including administrative, technical and physical measures - appropriate to the sensitivity of the personal information in its possession or under its control in order to protect that information from unauthorized access, collection, use, disclosure, disposal, or similar risks. While Groupe Dynamite Inc uses reasonable efforts to protect your information, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, and therefore, Groupe Dynamite Inc cannot guarantee absolute security of your personal information.
8. International Data Transfer
We are a Canadian company and your information submitted by you through our websites is collected and maintained in the United States, Canada and other countries, regardless of the geographic location or country where the information originated. If you do not consent to your information being collected and maintained in the United States, Canada and other countries, then you should not enter such information through our websites.
This website may be accessed by users in countries outside of Canada, however, this website is intended for use by individuals located in Canada only. We make no representations or warranties that Groupe Dynamite Inc.com is appropriate or available for use in countries outside of Canada (such as laws relating to default cookie settings).
9. Accuracy of Personal Information and Right to Access
You can help us maintain the accuracy and completeness of your information (including your Groupe Dynamite Inc website account information) by notifying us of any changes to your information. You may update your Groupe Dynamite Inc website account information through our websites, Groupe Dynamite Inc Customer Service, or at a retail location. You may also submit a request to review, verify or correct your personal information by contacting Groupe Dynamite Inc’s customer service. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity. We may refuse a request to access or correct if we believe the change is prohibited or not required by law or cause the information to be incorrect. In cases of a refusal, we will provide you an explanation of the reasons for the refusal.
10. Withdrawal of Consent
Where you have provided your consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information, you may have the legal right to withdraw your consent under certain circumstances. You can withdraw your consent, if applicable, by contacting Groupe Dynamite Inc’s Customer Service. Please note that if you withdraw your consent we may not be able to provide you with a particular product or service. We will explain the impact to you at the time to help you with your decision.
You may at any time ask Groupe Dynamite Inc to delete your Personal Information by contacting Customer Service. We will consider and where necessary comply with your request in accordance with applicable law.
Groupe Dynamite Inc does not knowingly collect personal information from children who are under 13 years of age without the consent of their legal guardian. Please immediately contact Groupe Dynamite Inc's Chief Privacy Officer at one of the addresses noted below under Contacting Groupe Dynamite Inc’s customer service if you believe that Groupe Dynamite Inc has unintentionally collected personal information from a child under 14 years of age without the consent of their legal guardian. If Groupe Dynamite Inc learns that it has inadvertently collected personal information from a child under 13 years of age without the consent of their legal guardian, Groupe Dynamite Inc will use reasonable efforts to delete that information from its systems (except to the extent that retention of the personal information is required or permitted by applicable law).
14. Contacting Groupe Dynamite Inc’s customer service